Here's the bad news - I've decided to reduce the number of posts from 1 a week (at least) to 2 per calendar month (the first and second Sundays of the month). The main reason for this is that my writings on gamebooks has now gone beyond just this blog. I want to devote more time to the following things:
- Writing gamebooks. I want to write about gamebooks less so that I can write more gamebooks. This is the main reason that I am reducing my post count. I feel that I have written a lot on how gamebooks work and how to write a gamebook. There will be more posts on this, but I want to now apply my findings to producing more gamebooks.
- Lone Tiger Gamebook Reviews. I want to write one review per month for this blog (which means you'll get 3 posts a month from me). When I first started Lloyd of Gamebooks, I wanted to analyse gamebooks and how they work rather than review them as it seemed to me that the most popular gamebooks had been discussed so much that I could add no more to the discussion. However, the same is not true for many amateur gamebooks and so I think this blog is important to start discussions on less well known gamebooks.
- Fighting Fantazine. I've contributed a few things to the fanzine so far and I would to contribute more in the future.
- Twitter. Twitter is an excellent networking tool and you can follow many great people on it. I want to keep in contact with my followers.
- My life. I've had a full time job the whole time while writing this blog. I am also now married and I want to make sure I devote time to my family and friends.
So there we go. There will be fewer posts in this blog, but I am by no means leaving gamebooks alone. I want to devote more writing time to writing actual gamebooks.
I would like to thank you all for following me and hope that you continue to do so into 2012. There is lots to look forward to and although you will get fewer posts from me here, you will get more from me in other areas.
Post a Comment