1) Why not?
2) You may have missed the news that Fighting Fantazine issue 5 is out!
Below is Andrew's post describing what is in this great issue.
Editor Alex Ballingall has really been burning the midnight oil putting this incredible package together! Among the many amazing features included inside its bumper 104 pages:
- An astounding cover by Natalie Roberts.
- An interview with John Sibbick, illustrator for Fighting Fantasy, Games Workshop, and many excellent dinosaur and extinct prehistoric animal books. Includes never-before-seen pencil roughs of some classic FF book covers.
- Bones of the Banished - a 274 paragraph Fighting Fantasy adventure written and illustrated by Brett "Jediboyy" Schofield. Brilliant stuff!
- Results from the previous Fighting Fantazine survey, including extensive essays on the ten best Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. (I've contributed a piece on Steve Jackson's Creature of Havoc).
- An interview with Graham Bottley, writer of the revised Advanced Fighting Fantasy RPG system, due for publication soon by Arion Games.
- Guillermo Paredes' Omens and Auguries, featuring all the latest gamebook news.
- Jamie Fry gatecrashes the lair of notorious Fighting Fantasy author Ian Livingstone.
- Dan Satherly attempts the infamous Sky Lord by Martin Allen - the final science-fiction adventure in the Fighting Fantasy series.
- Part 2 of the Adventure Game series, where yours truly talks about how to plan the structure of your own Fighting Fantasy adventure.
You can download issue 5 from here. The main website can be found here.
Coming soon - What writing 25 paragraph microadventures has taught me.