Many thanks to Scott Malthouse and Gamecaster for their Stylish blogger awards. They both have great blogs that focus on Tunnels and Trolls an RPG system started in 1975, but still going strong and it its 7.5th edition. Tunnels and Trolls also has several solo adventures, some of which I have bought along with the 7.5 corebook. The rules are fun and easy to learn.
The award comes along with a few fun rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person giving
you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
Seven things about myself:
- I'm an obsessive podcast and audiobook listener. If I enjoy a podcast, I have to go on the RSS feed and download all of the episodes. In order to listen to more podcasts, I listen to them on a faster speed setting.
- I also enjoy singing and I am part of a choir.
- There is no food that I don't like. I enjoy eating too much.
- I like choral music but I also like Muse.
- My favourite TV series is Peep Show.
- Away from the blog, I'm a science teacher. I do most of my gamebook writing in the summer when I have long holidays.
- I can't remember the first film my fiance and I watched together(!), but our first meal was at a tapas restaurant. We are getting married in just over five weeks!!!!!!!!!
Ten blogs I would recommend:
- Fantasy Gamebook by Andrew Wright - a brilliant gamebook blog by an active member of the gamebook community and author of great gamebooks including Catacombs of the Undercity. Andrew also pulled me out of period when I wasn't posting with this post. It showed me that someone was reading and cared.
- Trollish Delver by Scott Malthouse. I'm giving the reward right back at you for writing great RPG advice, also liking H.P Lovecraft and calling me a really nice guy. Thanks Scott :).
- T and T Liasha World by Gamecaster. I found this from Scott's Trollish Delver site and I enjoy reding about the construction of this world.
- Fabled Lands by Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson - As well as keeping us up to date on everyone's favourite sandbox gamebook series, the blog also publishes material on many other interesting topics.
- Adventures and Shopping by Billiam Babble - here Billiam reviews RPG and gamebook products and sells his great wares including dungeon sections, dice mugs and game books. I'd like to thank Billiam for selling me Black Vein Prophecy (my copy was very worn).
- Fighting Fantasist by Coopdevil - eclectic mix of book and magazine covers, reviews, playthroughs of gamebooks where YOU decide and much much more.
- The realm of Zhu, by Zhu - great blog showing artwork, miniatures, RPG characters and gamebook material.
- Turn to 400 by Murray - The hilarious stories of Murray's attempts at the Fighting Fantasy series. Complete with skeleton count.
- Jonathan Green author, by Jonathan Green - I know of Jonathan through his Fighting Fantasy books, but he is also the author of many more things. Here, you can read all about his many creations.
- Ascii, Dice and Why by Akhier, the dragon hearted - a young blog I found on the April A to Z challenge. His A to Z posts have contained some great things to think about in regards to RPGs. Looking through the old posts provides plenty of Ascii for the roguelike fans.
- Titan, the Fighting Fantasy Blog by Gallicus - I love the fanzine so I was glad to see that Gallicus has also started a blog to keep us tied over between issues.
- Trivium Academy by Jessica. As a teacher, I would like to give my students some good tools for learning. I read a book called The Trivium by Sister Miriam Joseph. I enjoy reading about how the Trivium is being put into action.
- The Lone Delver by Dan. I've bought Tunnels and Trolls 7.5 and several solo books and getting into them is on my to do list. It is great to see a blog that focuses on Tunnels and Trolls solos.
No problem, thanks very much :)ReplyDelete
Peep show is awesome!
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. In a rather strange coincidence, I'm getting married myself on June 4.ReplyDelete
Gaetano (fellow Gamebook writer)
@Scott - glad to find a fellow Peep show fan. I've been enjoying your TnT solo.ReplyDelete
@Gaetan - Congratulations to you too! I know of your work on ffproject (although I confess that I haven't read it yet :S). I will give it a look whn I a have a free moment (probably after the wedding)